Watch Will Ferrell stump for Old Milwaukee on top of the Pabst Building (and ride a bike on the East Side)
More Local Newswire
- Great job, Milwaukee! Milwaukee named best city in known universe
- Watch Mark Borchardt sub for Ryan Gosling in Drive
- Milwaukee’s Special Entertainment unveils ridiculous On Cinema app, featuring Tim Heidecker and Gregg Turkington
- Love The Noble? Help it stay in business by contributing to “Save The Noble”
- Enjoy one last taste of winter with the Packard brothers and their “meat cannon”
Amidst the usual recall updates and stories about mittens, you may have noticed a flurry of Old Milwaukee beer commercials starring funnyperson Will Ferrell surfacing online last week. In the spots, Ferrell extols the virtues of Old Milwaukee (in a can!) while hanging out in exotic locales like Davenport, Iowa. Now, a new clip has surfaced that features Ferrell kicking it in the town that gave the swill its name. Never mind that Old Milwaukee is brewed by Pabst, which is headquartered in Illinois.
“They used to make beer up here!” yells Ferrell from the top of the Pabst Building. “They used to make a lot of stuff here in America, and right here in Milwaukee!” Like the other commercials, the YouTube clip is low quality and recorded from a TV set, which may or may not be part of the campaign’s “viral” aspirations. (We’ve played right into its hands!) Either way, it’s nice to see someone of Ferrell’s stature perched high above our city, saying the word “Milwaukee” over and over again, and stumping for our namesake beer (in a can)!
UPDATE: Here’s another Old Milwaukee ad shot in Milwaukee, featuring Ferrell tooling around the East Side on a bicycle.