Westboro Baptist Church headed to Milwaukee to protest sin and sports, or something
More Local Newswire
- Read how Trapper Schoepp jumped to conclusions and bumped into Tom from Office Space at Comet
- Looking for a cheap colonoscopy? Come to Milwaukee!
- Here’s the predictably awesome lineup for the 2013 Locust Street Festival
- Your bra bomb better work, Nerdlinger: Kenosha-based Jockey has reinvented the bra
- Bucketworks would very much like to raise $18,000 by the end of the day
Just when you thought it was safe to worship at a local church and/or ballpark of your choice, the roving band of mouth-breathing Morlocks known as the Westboro Baptist Church is at it again. WISN reports that members of the group—best known for protesting military funerals and virtually every other semi-public event in America—will descend upon Milwaukee in the upcoming days to voice their displeasure with several local churches, piss and moan about “fags” or whatever, and maybe catch the Trampled By Turtles show at Summerfest. Also on the agenda is a July 4 stop at Miller Park (recently voted Bestest Ballbark In The Universe!) to demonstrate against America’s “worship of sports figures.” Christ, have they seen the Brewers lately?
Anyway, counter-protests have been organized and a loud, defiant message has been sent to the Westboro trolls: Keep your hate out of Milwaukee. Especially during Summerfest, when there’s no shortage of belligerent out-of-towners stumbling around our city.