Wisconsin slowly adjusts to life in the Thunderdome
More News Net
- City of Milwaukee planning new and exciting ways to ticket your car
- The Milwaukee streetcar project is still happening, whether you like it or not
- Prove you love Milwaukee by donating to a worthwhile local Kickstarter campaign for a change
- Cruel and vengeful God chuckles softly to self, announces first Summerfest headliner
- Milwaukee is a finalist in “The Mayors Challenge”—but could it actually win?
Since sifting through dull newspapers, hyperbolic blogs, and overflowing RSS feeds for meaningful news can be an arduous process, News Net catches and compiles both the amusing and the significant reports that were overlooked throughout the week.
• The ongoing drama in Madison has captured the world’s attention, and transformed our State Capitol into something of a Thunderdome, albeit one with more Star Wars-themed protest signs. Meanwhile, The A.V. Club in Madison reports on a nefarious, oft-overlooked by-product of democracy in action: litter.
• After 10 years of service, Nanakusa Japanese Restaurant will close its doors on Tuesday, March 1.
• Borders filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on Wednesday, and all three Milwaukee-area locations are scheduled to close.