Yup, Robin Yount (accidentally) shot Dale Sveum
More Jock Itch
- Sizing up the Bucks’ chances in the playoffs (yes, the Bucks are in the playoffs)
- Presented without comment: Here’s Jose Canseco’s painting of Bud Selig
- Let’s ignore the latest Ryan Braun scandal and listen to some awful Ryan Braun tribute songs instead
- The Taco Bell Skills Challenge, and three other ways the Bucks could participate in the All-Star Game
- AAAAAHHHH! Nyjer Morgan signs with Japan’s Yokohama DeNa BayStars
Earlier this week, A.V. Club contributor Tyler Maas and Miller Park Drunk Vince Morales discussed what the Milwaukee Brewers should do during the Winter Meetings. Theories were floated, jokes were cracked, and Braden Loopers were referenced. But neither writer could have guessed the biggest story to come out of the meetings: Brewers Hall-of-Famer and determined lemonade pitchman Robin Yount accidentally shot Chicago Cubs manager Dale Sveum in the ear while hunting quail this offseason. Yup, Robin Yount shot Dale Sveum.
Sveum revealed his close call at yesterday’s meeting, telling reporters he took some shrapnel to the back of his right ear while quail hunting with Yount in Arizona. Sveum is fine (his ear was bloodied, but it didn’t require stitches), and even though he’s the one who brought it up, he’s been downplaying the incident. “It’s not that big a deal,” Sveum said, making us regret axing our original “Get up, get outta ear!” headline.
Here are Yount and Sveum in happier, less buckshot-ridden times: