Yup, Ryan Braun and Aaron Rodgers are changing the name of their restaurant
More Jock Itch
- Sizing up the Bucks’ chances in the playoffs (yes, the Bucks are in the playoffs)
- Presented without comment: Here’s Jose Canseco’s painting of Bud Selig
- Let’s ignore the latest Ryan Braun scandal and listen to some awful Ryan Braun tribute songs instead
- The Taco Bell Skills Challenge, and three other ways the Bucks could participate in the All-Star Game
- AAAAAHHHH! Nyjer Morgan signs with Japan’s Yokohama DeNa BayStars
It seems like only eight days ago that we spitballed some restaurant names that were somehow worse than Ryan Braun and Aaron Rodgers’ 8*twelve MVP Bar & Grill. (We’re still partial to Craig Counsell’s There Must Be Some Kind Of Buffett Out Of Here.) The name of the superstars’ impending Brookfield venture with SURG Restaurant Group was definitely a head-scratcher: The “8” and the totally awesome lower-case “twelve” referred to Braun and Rodgers’ jersey numbers, of course, but the asterisk in the middle conjured up some unfortunate reminders of Braun’s PED scandal/acquittal. So it was only a matter of time before all parties involved buckled under online ridicule and changed the damn name already. As Milwaukee Magazine reports, they’ve done just that: 8*twelve will now be known as 8-twelve—because in this case, a simple dash makes a big difference.
Milwaukee Magazine goes on to quote SURG co-owner Omar Shaikh as saying the name change was necessary to “avoid the negativity.” We couldn’t agree more—now, could somebody do something about the logo?