Good news, long-time A.V. Club readers! If you had an AVC legacy account—i.e., an account you used before Disqus to comment on our site—you can now connect it with your Kinja account.
We know that being in commenting limbo has been frustrating for you, and we appreciate your patience—and as always, for being part of The A.V. Club.
Before you begin, make sure your browser allows third-party cookies and pop-up, and make sure you have disabled all aggressive blocking extensions. Do not click your browser’s back button at any time during this process. If you’ve been using a new Kinja account prior to claiming your legacy account, make sure you select the login method for that account from the Connect options, so your comments can be merged into a single account.
- Go to kinja.com/claim.
- Choose Claim with A.V. Club.
- Log into your A.V. Club account. If you’re already logged in, you’ll skip this step.
- Click Authorize to complete the claim process.
- You’ll be asked to connect an account. The account you select here is how you’ll login to Kinja moving forward.
- If you’re returned to the claim page after connecting an account, head over to avclub.com and click the user icon (the gray silhouette) in the top right corner of the page.
- If you’re asked to select a new username, it means your existing username is taken. Complete the process by choosing a new username.
- If you’re logged into your account without being asked to Connect an account, go to https://kinja.com/settings and connect either your Twitter, Google, or Facebook account. This will be the method you use to log into your account from this point forward.
If you’ve completed these steps and have not successfully claimed your legacy account, contact the Kinja support team.