Here’s a compilation of our favorite features we published this week.
- Stephen King isn’t made for TV—but he could be
- Head Over Heels talks GLOW’s “Welfare Queen,” racism in wrestling
- The A.V. Club climbs out of the sultry mudpit that was Pitchfork Fest 2018
- Sam Elliott kills Hitler, and then Bigfoot, in our second dispatch from the Fantasia Film Festival
- No Man’s Sky is finally discovering signs of life in its AI universe
- Ask an indie rock veteran: Why is “Auld Lang Syne” the best melody?
- Mega Man X’s groundbreaking evolution sent it soaring into the skies
- What are you reading in July? Here are 3 stories you can read online
- Christopher McQuarrie on the perils of practical action and Henry Cavill’s pesky mustache
- You should be watching Outcast, the Robert Kirkman show that isn’t The Walking Dead
- Want to join me for this 6 a.m. dance party experie—HEY COME BACK HERE
- The 50 greatest special-effects movies of all time
- All the Stephen King Easter eggs we found in the Castle Rock credits
- Those new Chance The Rapper tracks are exactly what this summer needed
- How did a great Alan Moore comic become a lousy Johnny Depp mystery?
- Runaways grows up without losing its youthful spirit
- Lindsay Lohan, Sean Astin, and more: 7 of the best performances by a child actor
- Lumines belongs in the pantheon of all-time great puzzle games