Because The A.V. Club knows that TV shows keep going even if we’re not writing at length about them, we’re experimenting with discussion posts. For certain shows, one of our TV writers will publish some brief thoughts about the latest episode, and open the comments for readers to share theirs.
- Due to an emergency, last week’s Scandal discussion post was missed. Don’t worry! We can talk about it now!
- Well, RIP President Rashad. You were attractive and your status as one of Mellie’s love interests meant your time here would be short. Mellie never gets a happy ending
- Seriously, Quinn is going to be an amazing mother.
- It’s hard to believe that Olivia is as ruthless as her father when she’s making so many mistakes. Having Mellie literally puppet her isn’t really a win.
- It seemed like the season was focusing on actual international politics, but now it’s clear this season is going to be all about Rowan teaching Olivia a lesson to save her from the dark side.
- I love that Fitz tried to tell on Olivia like a snitch.
- We knew this season was setting up the ultimate showdown between Olivia and Quinn and their scene tonight delivered. Finally, someone is capable of taking Olivia down and she is really shook.
- It’s too obvious that Rowan is behind Quinn’s disappearance.
- I’m glad the Charlie torture scene was light. The show has really backed away from the gore elements.
- David and Abby are cute, but Charlie and Quinn are better.
- Charlie really sold his heartbreak over Quinn. I hope they still have their wedding and it’s insane.
- Huck is going to lose it when he finds out the truth. You know Huck is going to be the one to figure it out.
- Olivia really does not have control for this being “her world.” We obviously can’t root for her and she’s lost her status as a gladiator, but she’s not quite a great villain either.
- Mellie is so useless. She had a glimmer of presidential shine last week, but this week she’s back to begging an ex for advice and blindly following Olivia’s plan.
- There aren’t too many episodes left this season and these two episodes felt a bit scrambled. Hopefully, the show can maintain the focus that made the beginning of the season so great.