- It’s 1999 Week here at The A.V. Club, so let’s see how deep the rabbit hole goes
- Hey now, they’re all stars: Sigur Rós, MF Doom, Le Tigre, and other under-heard hits of 1999
- Why isn’t Hobbs & Shaw more fun?
- Amazon’s The Boys illustrates the limitations of satirizing superheroes outside the comics page
- What films deserved to make our “best of 1999” list?
- The best and worst of Magnolia’s multiple melodramas
- Star Wars v. Matrix, Santana v. Smash Mouth, and Y2K panic: 21 windows into 1999
- How American Beauty lost the title of 1999’s best movie
- Power chords and Pennywise: 90 minutes of 1999’s best pop punk
- 2001: A Space Odyssey pushed blockbuster cinema to a new plane of star-child brilliance
- In 1999, video game writing hit a high-water mark
- Dedication, animation, and Passions: 24 hours of 1999 TV
- 5 new releases we love: Drake issues an all-timer, Marika Hackman keeps it raw, and more