- The best TV performances of 2018
- The best indie and rock albums of 2018
- The A.V. Club’s 2018 podcast superlatives
- Adam McKay’s serious side can’t compete with his Will Ferrell comedies
- The best films of 2018
- The best of film 2018: The ballots
- The Faculty is the bleakest and most subversive film of the ’90s studio teen-horror cycle
- What’s missing from our list of 2018's best movies?
- Watch out for mistletoe and snowballs: Navigating this year’s crop of holiday romance TV movies
- James Marsters on Runaways, Marvel, and whether it’s worth it to kill people if it saves the world
- Without hope or agenda: A defense of Love Actually
- Below wants you to know exactly how tiny and insignificant you really are
- A-Sides: John Legend, RuPaul, and all of this Christmas’ red-hot musical chestnuts
- What non-2018 pop culture did you finally get around to this year?
- Stephan James on how If Beale Street Could Talk will leave you “broken yet so full”