There will never be another new episode of Parks And Recreation. This fact cannot be denied, no matter how hard we try. However, hope need not fade so long as fans keep posting remembrances, retrospectives, video remixes, and other such tributes until the gods take pity on them and fold time back on itself, allowing everyone to experience the magic of the series anew.
With that goal in mind, here is a list of books, both real and fictional, that were embraced by key members of the Parks And Recreation gang over the course of the show. With titles like Air Force Nøne and Mulch Ado About Nothing, the list demonstrates that the Parks writers had a facility with wordplay that rivaled that of The Simpsons writers and their famously hilarious signage.
- A History Of Pawnee, Indiana
- It’s Not the Size of the Boat: Embracing Life with a Micro Penis
- Mysteries of the Female Orgasm
- The Nutmeg of Consolation
- Off the Sidelines: Raise Your Voice, Change the World
- Pawnee: The Greatest Town in America
- The Time Traveler’s Optometrist
- Organize It!
- Organize It! 2: Engage with Zorp
- The Thing About Me Is, I’m Perd Hapley
- Auto Repair Manual-1982
- Air Force Nøne by Gay Perello
- Groffle the Awful Waffle
- Limb-Itless: A True Tale of One Woman’s Ridiculous Courage
- Genius A’flame: Game of Joans: Joan Callamezzo: a Portrait in Words
- Mulch Ado About Nothing
- Are You Gonna Crawl My Way?
- Rad Dads by Apolo Anton Ohno and Shaun White
- Barely a President: William Henry Harrison’s Thirty-Two Days in the White House by Bill Haggarty
- Biden the Rails: 1001 Poems Inspired by My Travels Through Amtrak’s Northeast Corridor
- Failure: an American Success Story
The original list over at Medium includes descriptions of each entry, and tips readers off as to which of the titles are real and which are made up.