Because The A.V. Club knows that TV shows keep going even if we’re not writing at length about them, we’re experimenting with discussion posts. For certain shows, one of our TV writers will publish some brief thoughts about the latest episode, and open the comments for readers to share theirs.
- Boy, that Jamie is some superhero, huh? Since the show wasn’t about to get cancelled, we could have predicted that she would save the plane. It’s so fortunate that she and Jackson both have the skills to knock someone out within seconds. Do you think she’s going to try to get Mr. Duncan to knock off Abigail since Jackson couldn’t?
- Why did Jackson save the life of someone who’s kept his chained up for days, even if it’s his sister? Was it just to get the valuable hybrid spinal fluid? And how is she a frickin’ hybrid? Hybrid implies the merging of two things together, so what could she possibly have merged with?
- Also in confounding questions: For supposedly intelligent people, they really don’t get how “Mitch, we know you’re still in there!” doesn’t work when the bio-drive has taken over his brain and he’s shooting at everything in sight.
- Thank god Isaac is finally off the plane.
- “When Dariela left…” five minutes ago! Also, Abe’s shocked look when Jamie says “what if faith isn’t enough ?” was hilarious.
- Is the way to tell Jerrod that they need to start working together with a knife to his throat? Obviously, that guy was a goner. Max is looking a little shaky as well.
- Sam Parker doesn’t seem to be the sharpest tool in the shed either.
- It’s not a Zoo episode without some kind of freaky animal thing. There were so much interpersonal tangles to unsnarl this episode, we don’t get the payoff until the end of the episode, but it was worth it. In Zoo, when someone says, “You’re gonna have to see this for yourself,” you probably don’t want to. Those creepy, purring pods should be amazing when they all start to hatch.
- Next week: Unsettling parallel between hybrid pods and Clementine’s pregnancy.