Because The A.V. Club knows that TV shows keep going even if we’re not writing at length about them, we’re experimenting with discussion posts. For certain shows, one of our TV writers will publish some brief thoughts about the latest episode, and open the comments for readers to share theirs.
- “Lost Girls” feels like the season is finally finding its focus. The focus on Bashran is a welcomed shift from the shadow governments of past seasons. Scandal should’ve done this seasons ago.
- You think Fitz’s new passion to save missing black women is going to make me like him? It doesn’t. He’s still the worst.
- QPA trying to find a perfect missing woman was horrifically realistic and well done. The points about the girls’ names and academic records really hit on the biases in media around the subject.
- “You’re her only chance at salvation.” - Papa Pope. If salvation for Olivia means more Papa Pope and Fitz, then I’m all for Olivia going full-evil. I’d rather see her sew actual puppet strings into Mellie than go back to her Papa Pope/Fitz power dynamic.
- They have finally given Cyrus a worthy love interest. I am absolutely here for this relationship. GAY HANK!
- Haha, that “How’s Vermont?” “Cold and white.” moment was really cute. I like when the old, relatable Olivia pops out for a second.
- Olivia’s plan for Zoey seemed really basic. I’m shocked QPA didn’t think to talk to Zoey’s mother.
- I swear we’ve seen Mellie do more as president in 4 episodes than we saw Fitz do the entire season.
- This episode did give me more faith in Olivia and Mellie’s relationship.