Here’s a compilation of our favorite features we published this week.
- When is Ethan Hawke going to get his own John Wick?
- Beyond The Beatles: The protopunks, French classics, and ska pioneers of 1964
- On Mission: Impossible, Edge Of Tomorrow, and the morbid star power of Tom Cruise
- Mandy Moore breaks down teen superstardom on We Need To Talk About Britney
- Anti-colonialist heroes ride into the sunset at the Fantasia Film Festival
- Psychedelic dystopias, Wario’s wares, and lots more games to play in August
- 8 graphic novels to get your kids hooked on comics
- All the Easter eggs from Castle Rock so far
- HBO expands the world of Gillian Flynn’s Sharp Objects but keeps its dramatic core intact
- Cowboys, queens, and marauders: The 31 most-anticipated albums of August
- Octopath Traveler melts the JRPG down to its pure, comforting core
- Spike Lee’s BlacKkKlansman could be the best reason to head to the movies this August
- 10 episodes of The Venture Bros. that show why fandom is both the best and the worst
- The Coup and Lakeith Stanfield turn Sorry To Bother You’s soundtrack into a rousing call to arms
- Japan’s own Lady Bird and a taut Korean thriller wrap up our coverage of the Fantasia Film Festival
- Maid In Manhattan let Jennifer Lopez’s rom-com talents sparkle
- Thank You For Playing. And See You Next.
- YG, Helena Hauff, and more albums to know about this week
- Bad Religion and Douglas Adams: 9 pop-culture works that launched teenage rebellion