Because The A.V. Club knows that TV shows keep going even if we’re not writing at length about them, we’re experimenting with discussion posts. For certain shows, one of our TV writers will publish some brief thoughts about the latest episode, and open the comments for readers to share theirs.
- So, Quinn is still alive. Wow. I’m shocked. It would’ve been powerful to kill the character off, but we’re just going to get more Rowan out of this. Great.
- This week’s episode was supposed to air last week and last week’s this week. That kind of shows you how little this “reveal” matters. Even though Quinn isn’t dead, everyone will soon know that Olivia was willing to kill her. Next week’s “intervention” doesn’t seem like retribution enough for pure-evil-Liv.
- I’m trying to remember, but I can’t think of any previous time this “Mothers and children first” B613 rule came from. It seems awfully convenient. But sure, The series is coming to close and now is a great time to try and redeem ROWAN. Why are we spending so much time with a character who should’ve disappeared seasons ago?
- When Quinn says Rowan is a good person, it’s hilarious. He delivers her baby in unsafe conditions and still has her in captivity, but he’s a “good person”? The characters in this show have retrograde amnesia. How quickly Quinn forgot the torture Rowan put Charlie and Huck through.
- It’s possible Quinn could still die. She could have issues from the pregnancy. Rowan could change his mind. It’s still on the table, but with Huck figuring out that Olivia is behind this, it would just seem silly for her to die at this point.
- “I WANT MY BONES BACK.” Do you remember when Scandal was about political drama and not some terrible old man throwing a fit because his daughter took his toys away? Seriously, what are these episodes doing?
- The camera in the dinosaur was too obvious.
- Rowan’s manipulation of that white guy was completely over the top. White guilt is real, but not “buy a gun for a stranger” real. I like that they gave him incredibly conservative politics so we wouldn’t feel too badly about him dying. But like...Marv, come on, don’t buy a gun for someone else. I also like that not much time has passed in this “friendship,” but Rowan calls him his only friend. Their friendship was based entirely on Rowan’s fake persona.
- That scene where Rowan was screaming about being the darker brother and “at the table” was the worst Rowan monologue we have ever had to experience on this show. Who wrote that? Why did they do that? I don’t know what we’re supposed to get out of Rowan as a character at this point.
- Hey, remember when Mellie became the president? That was cool. Maybe the show will get back to that at some point.
- It was also hilarious when Rowan said people are good if you give them the chance. He had just given Olivia the chance to be good and she...wasn’t.
- If they had Rowan’s house bugged, shouldn’t they have seen Quinn giving birth? I know Rowan told her to stop her men, but like...Olivia wouldn’t just turn off surveillance like that.
- I am not surprised that Charlie and Quinn’s baby has seen a dead body at exactly 1-2 days old.